2.2 - Froyo update for the HTC Wildfire . I have updated my HTC to Android 2.2.
I am gonna share my experience which one should read before starting the upgrade.
- Process / Steps
- What you get? (features of Android 2.2 Froyo)
- What you loose?
- Update size : 58 MB
- Download time : 9 minutes (on 1Mbps link)
- Upgrade Time : 30 Minutes
- Total Time : 40 Minutes
- Battery should be charged (at least) 25% (else installation won't start
- Charger connected would be better
- Network availability (Wireless / 3G)
- You should not be expecting any important call (girl friend, boss, interview. As
the phone would not be ready to operate during the update process
Process / Steps
- Go to settings ->About phone -> System Software Update -> Check now
- Select the network from which you would like to download (Wireless / 3G). Check
your network operator about the data charges.
- Once the download is ready It will ask install no w or install later
- Install will reboot the phone and will get into the phone update mode
- Once the above process is done you will see the HTC quietly brilliant screen for
a long time , approx 10 mintues, just be patient
- After the patch application and OS booting is done you will see your lock screen.
The phone is still not usable , leave it for 10 minutes and try to unlock
- IF process is not over than upon unlock you will see a screen with HTC and white
background... means you have to wait
- IF all process is are done you will see that your system software is updated (After
unlocking the screen).
- Click ok , this will run one more quick process and your HTC wildfire is updated
to Android 2.2 Froyo
What you get? (features of Android 2.2 Froyo)
- Speed ! :) it is responding quick
- Move an application to SD card (if the application is build on Android 2.2)
- Your phone as portable Wifi Spot
- Android 2.2 apps in market like the Priority inbox (Gmail), but i hated the new
Gmail toolbar. It looks ugly !
- More security features
What you loose?
- Your unlock pattern, you have to reset it or use the pin (new)
- Old Gmail :(
- etc.. (if exist)
Thanks Google and HTC team. Happy Holidays !
Cheers, - Baljeet